Employee Benefit Plan Audits
Auditing in accordance with ERISA and DOL requirements
At Hawkins Ash CPAs, we have built a team of skilled and experienced professional staff specializing in Employee Benefit Plan auditing in accordance with ERISA and DOL requirements. We audit plans ranging in size from 100 to 6,500 participants with assets in excess of $1 billion.
You can expect quality service, competitive rates and a highly trained, professional staff who perform in a seamless process. In many cases, audits can be performed completely remote from your location.
Hawkins Ash CPAs also provides comprehensive consulting services for your entire employee benefit package. We also prepare IRS Form 5500s along with related schedules and attachments.
Our audit team addresses issues, including:
- Proper valuation and recording of plan investments
- Eligibility and compensation are properly defined
- Compliance with ERISA and DOL regulations
- Payroll process and benefit internal controls
We seek to ensure:
- Contributions are consistent with participant elections and deposited in a timely manner
- Investment income and expenses are properly allocated
- Benefit payments are made in accordance with plan provisions
- Financial statements and supplemental schedules are properly presented
- Plan sponsors are aware of their fiduciary responsibilities
All our audit staff and partners participate in 50 to 70 hours of continuing professional education each year. In addition, all staff and partners of employee benefit plan audits receive at least eight hours of employee benefit plan-specific training every three years, as required by Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. Each year, we send one senior member to the annual AICPA National Conference on Employee Benefit Plans.
The certificate program was designed to show certificate awardees’ high level of competency and commitment to performing high-quality audits. Developed by leading experts and members of AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plans Audit Quality Center, the competency-based examination for certification tests one’s ability to plan, perform and evaluate employee benefit plan audits in accordance with the latest AICPA standards and Department of Labor and IRS requirements. The certificate acknowledges our ERISA audit team’s achievement by declaring their dedication to quality and distinguishes their knowledge and expertise in this area.