Have you ever wanted to open your check register in one window, be able to display the bank reconcile feature in another window and then open a specific transaction for review in a third window? This is possible in QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and later versions.
By using the Multi-Monitor Mode feature, you would be able to spread out your QuickBooks Desktop application across the various monitors. This would help you get more done in a way that best suits your monitor configuration and personal workflow. Working in a multi-monitor environment can increase your productivity and better manage your financial information.
Before enabling this feature, you must do the following:
- Set the DPI (font scaling) settings for all screens and monitors at default level (100 percent)
- Set all screens and monitors at the same resolution
- Align your monitors horizontally in your Window Display settings
- Use the toggle button to move windows from one monitor to the next
Then follow these directions to activate this feature:
- Go to the top menu bar and click View, then
- Switch to Multi-Monitor Mode
There are some limitations of which you need to be aware:
- You cannot be using Single View mode; check your preferences in the Edit menu, then select Preferences and Desktop View
- Some third party multi-monitor programs will not work properly with QuickBooks Multi-Monitor Mode. Use Windows native Multi-Monitor support
- You are unable to use the QuickBooks function to tile or cascade windows
- You will need to switch to Single-Monitor Mode to move the QuickBooks main program window
- Cannot be in a hosted environment such as Right Networks or Summit Hosting
Some other common issues and solutions may be:
Dialogue boxes appear on the other monitor from the one on which I am working.
Simply toggle it back to the correct monitor or move it manually.
Certain windows extend across into the other monitor.
Simply move that window to the correct monitor and either maximize it to that screen or adjust the window width.