The search feature is one of my favorite time savers. Below are easy steps for you to access this feature in both the Online and Desktop versions of QuickBooks.
In the upper right corner click on the magnifying glass.
Next, in the lower right corner of the pop out menu click the Advanced Search hyperlink. (Tip: The advanced search works much better than just the basic search.) Here you can enter as much or as little information as you like.
Your search should provide the following detailed columns:
- DATE: This is the date of the transaction.
- TYPE: Is the transaction an invoice, a bill, journal entry, check, expense, etc.?
- NO: The transactions reference number (for example, a check number).
- CONTACT or NAME: The Client, Customer, Vendor or Employee.
- AMOUNT: The specific monetary amount.
- LAST MODIFIED DATE: The last date any modifications were made to the posted transactions. You can search the Audit Trail.
Go to Edit > Find or press Ctrl + F. Frequently used search fields will appear at the top of the filters to narrow down your search. You can enter as much or as little information as you have available. The resulting columns are very similar to what is given in the online version.
No matter which version of QuickBooks you are using, both offer a search tool, putting the transaction you’re looking for at your fingertips. When you see what you’re looking for in the results, you should be able to double-click on the transaction and edit as needed.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us. We are always here to help. Happy searching!