Many invoices, rent payments, or journal entries consistently recur from month to month. Never miss a transaction again by creating “memorized transactions.”
How to Create a Memorized Transaction in Desktop
- Enter the transaction the way you want it memorized, but do not select save. Note: if certain fields contain information that may change, leave
those fields blank. Example: Leave the memo field blank on a recurring check so you can enter a different memo on each check.
- From the Edit Menu, select “Memorize (Transaction)”
- Enter a Name for the Memorized Transaction, then choose a type – “Reminder List.” “Do Not Remind Me,” or you can choose how often you want QuickBooks to Automate the Entry.
How to Create Recurring Transactions in QuickBooks Online
Memorized Transactions is only available in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you’re using QuickBooks Online Essentials or Plus, you have the option to set Recurring Transactions for customers and vendors. To create a recurring template, here’s how:
- Select the Gear Icon
- Under Lists, select “Recurring Transactions”
- Click “New”
- Select the type of transaction to create, and select “OK”
- Enter a Template Name
- Choose a Type – Scheduled, unscheduled or reminder
- Enter the necessary information
- Save Template
Memorized or recurring transactions can be a real time saver. Utilize the software for maximum efficiency. You’ll be glad you did!