We Are Committed to Uninterrupted Service
As we are in the midst of what is now a national emergency, be assured that the health and well-being of team members, clients, colleagues, and their families are very important to us. We will continue to monitor the news and official government directives and make changes to policies based upon facts as they arise.
OFFICE LOBBY CLOSURES
Effective beginning Tuesday, March 24, 2020, at 8 a.m. all office lobbies will close to the public until further notice. Admittance into the Hawkins Ash CPAs offices by the public will be allowed only by appointment. Clients may contact their local office to coordinate pickup and drop off of documents or arrange alternative methods.
SENDING DOCUMENTS TO US?
To avoid interruption, we highly recommend the use of secure document sharing via our online portal, fax or email.
CLIENT SERVICE AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
Through this unprecedented time, we are committed to providing our clients the same level of service they have come to trust. We will do everything to limit disruptions and are committed to open dialogue. In an effort to remain available and responsive to your tax and financial needs while also observing social distancing guidance, we encourage our clients to utilize alternative methods of sharing documents and meeting with us. We have capabilities to communicate and remotely work with you through our secure online portal, mail, phone and fax. At this point, our offices will close to the public as local leaders see fit. Please contact your Hawkins Ash CPAs representative to determine the best approach for your needs.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
We have been proactively communicating with team members about common-sense hygiene practices to limit the spread of the virus, which includes asking anyone who is not feeling well to work from home. We are determining employee travel on an as-needed basis. As part of our tech-forward culture, we provide the tools and technology which allow our Hawkins Ash CPAs team members to work remotely effectively. As a team, we will continue to be responsive to your business needs.
TAX DEADLINES AND LEGISLATION
We are monitoring legislation and will provide insights to you as developments occur. Current resources include:
- The Inconvenient Tax Truth: Important Federal vs Minnesota and Wisconsin 2020 Tax Differences
- Tax Provisions of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021
- PPP Loan Expenses are Now Tax-Deductible
- Round Two of Stimulus Checks
- Numerous Payroll Benefits to Employers with Recent Legislation
- Paycheck Protection Program: Part 2
- Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021: Pandemic Relief, Stimulus, and Extenders
- No Tax Deductions for PPP Loan Expenses
- PPP Forgiveness Simplified: Form 3508s
- Fall 2020 Tax Calendar
- WEDC Small Business Grant Phase 2
- Recording Funds Received from the Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Reporting a Disaster’s Effects on Your Financial Statements
- IRS Releases Guidance on Employee Social Security Tax Deferral
- President Issues Executive Order Deferring Payroll Taxes Beginning Sept. 1, 2020
- Treasury and IRS to Issue Interest Payments
- With Glitch Fixed, Consider Business Property Upgrades
- Accounting for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans
- Changes to Form 941
- Don’t Forget about the Payroll Tax Credit
- Protecting Yourself from Opportunistic Fraud
- Congress Continues to Tweak the Paycheck Protection Program
- SBA Releases PPP Forgiveness Guidance [UPDATED: 6-8-20]
- What to Do If a Deceased Family Member Received a COVID-19 Stimulus Check
- QuickBooks How-To: Recording Funds Received from the SBA Payroll Protection Program
- FFCRA: Paid Leave Payroll Calculator [UPDATED: 9-16-20]
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice
- COVID-19: Business Relief to Act on NOW [UPDATED: 4-27-20]
- CARES Act: Relief for Businesses and Individuals
- Paid Sick and Family Leave under the Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- States Extend Due Date for Income Tax Filings and Payments
- Federal Income Tax Payment and Filing Extension
- Coronavirus Tax Relief Update: March 18, 2020
- Employee Benefit Plan COVID-19 Resources
- Voucher School COVID-19 Resources
- Nonprofit COVID-19 Resources
- Sending Documents and Information to Us? Read this first.
- Individual Tax Return Extenders
- Wisconsin and Minnesota State Taxes and PPP Loan Forgiveness
- 2020/2021 Payroll Complexities
- COVID Relief Legislation
- PPP2 and Other Changes to PPP
- 2019 Tax Filing Deadline: October 15, 2020 – October 8, 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Updates for October 2020 – October 1, 2020
- Social Security Payroll Tax Deferral Updates – September 4, 2020
- Preparing for the Tax Filing Deadline: Things that You Can Still Do Before July 15, 2020!
- Save the Date: The Tax Filing Deadline is Coming Up on July 15, 2020!
- Welcome PPP Changes – June 9, 2020
- PPP for Sole Proprietors – May 28, 2020
- More on PPP Loan Forgiveness – May 20, 2020
- Unemployment and Unexpected Taxes—Plan Ahead! – May 14, 2020
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Updates – May 5, 2020
- The CARES Act and Leasehold Improvements – April 28, 2020
- The Employee Retention Credit Explained – April 21, 2020
- What is the Economic Impact Payment? – April 14, 2020
- The Economic Injury Disaster Loan: An Overview – April 7, 2020
- The Paycheck Protection Program: An Overview – April 1, 2020
- Tax Extensions and Paid Leave – March 24, 2020
- Special Report on Coronavirus – March 18, 2020
Sign Up to Receive Email UpdatesSign Up
As our leadership team carries out our plans to ensure the health and safety of all, our team members are available to assist you with the myriad of issues relating to COVID-19. Thank you for your trust in us, and we wish you and your loved ones the very best.Contact Us